Nicole Zoltack is the author of the Kingdom of Arnham series (Woman of Honor, Knight of Glory, Champion of Valor) and Seeing for the First Time, among an eclectic mix of short stories and other reading treasures. She’s also – wait for it – a junior and freelance editor, mom of 2 1/2 kids, unicorn whisperer, and a Renaissance Faire aficionado. This woman keeps super busy! I featured her book, Seeing for the First Time, for Monday’s book feature and giveaway.
Please welcome Nicole to Lizzyland! 🙂
1. Holy smokes, you’ve managed to conquer the writing trifecta: blogging, editing, and writing. How has involvement in all three worlds helped your writing?
Writing every day (or as often as I can – with two little ones and another one on the way, I don’t always get the chance to write everyday) makes my writing better, stronger, and tighter.
Editing is great because not only do I get to help other authors make their work shine, it helps me figure out in my own writing whatworks and what doesn’t. There’s a lot more to writing than just grammar rules -the intangibles can’t always be taught.
Blogging keeps me accountable and helps to build up myplatform. I love the writing blogging community – I’ve met so many wonderful people through blogging.
2. Given your multi-faceted involvement in the romance genre, are you seeing any emerging patterns as far as what might be the next big thing? Paranormal romance has been HOT for a couple of years but fantasy romance not so much. Do you think this will change? What’s next?
I think that thrillers/horror will be the next big thing. After paranormal was dystopian so I think the trends will either go to science fiction or thriller/horror. I’m guessing on the latter. After that, who knows? Maybe romantic suspense which will come round to contemporary. It’s hard to guess with any kind of certainty though.
3. If you could spend a day with one of your characters, which one would it be and why?
Definitely Aislinn, the girl who followed her dreams and became a knight. And managed to win the heart of a prince, too. She’s strong and capable and loyal. She’d do anything for her friends.
4. What’s the most inspiring comment or review you’ve ever received from a reader/reviewer?
“In the future, we will see Nicole Zoltack ranking with many of the top authors we have come to love over the years. We will have a section of our bookcases or hard drives waiting for her newest release.” Quote from Em Epe of Dark Diva Reviews
I cried a little when I first read that, I must confess!
I wish! We got married in an old, gothic-style church. Our outdoor pictures were taken at a park that had gorgeous medieval-looking arches. Although it was swelteringly hot and we were all sweaty, the pictures turned out beauiftully. I could not have been happier…unless I really did get married in a castle! 🙂 Who knows? Maybe for a vow renewal sometime down the line?
6. Pls list where we can find you online.
So many places!
My personal facebook page is at the friend limit but I also have a fan page
As a book lover, of course I’m on Goodreads
I’m also on linkedin
That’s all I can think of right now.
7. About Nicole: Nicole Zoltack loves to write fantasy/paranormal, romances, horror, historical, for adults and young adults, novels, short stories, and flash pieces. She doesn’t want to get boxed in by genre — she might be claustrophobic!
When she isn’t writing about girls wanting to be knights, talking unicorns, and zombies, she spends time with her loving family. She loves to ride horses(pretending they’re unicorns, of course!) and going to the Pennsylvania Renaissance Faire, dressed in period garb. In addition to being a writer, she’s also an editor for MuseItUp Publishing and eTreasures Publishing, and a freelance editor for Passionate Writer Publishing. To learn more about Nicole and her work, visit her website or her blog.