The Warlord’s Secret

Download The Warlord's Secret Free

The latest book from the author of Damian’s Oracle and Damian’s Assassin is here!

Full length fantasy romance novel “The Warlord’s Secret” is now available for your Kindle, iPad/iBookNook, eReader or Kobo.

Rissa, the tormented Warlord of Tiyan, struggles to protect her people and Tiyan’s magical springs against enemies led by the King of Landis and traitors within her own walls. She must also protect the secret of Tiyan’s magic and the source her ultimate doom: the parasitic demon lurking within her, which has awoken to kill her and choose its new host: Taran, a near-blind slave of Tiyan’s enemy.

Taran’s sole motivation in life is his patient pursuit of vengeance for his family’s death. Coincidence lands him in Tiyan and at the center of the kingdom’s power struggle. The strength of Tiyan’s army, the allure of the magical waters, and the endangered Warlord at first are nothing more than a means to an end, until he looks beneath the surface to find a world – and a woman – worth fighting for.

62 thoughts on “The Warlord’s Secret

1. Pingback: (N)ow featuring: The Warlord’s Secret | Guerrilla Wordfare

Hi Sarah!

It’ll take about 2-3 weeks to make it to the Barnes and Noble site, but there’s a Nook compatible version on the Smashword.com site. The smashwords site converts the book into something crazy like 12 formats … you should be able to download the Nook-compatible version, “epub.” Click here , scroll down to the different formats, and then select the fourth one down called “epub.” I believe Nooks will also take PDFs … you should be able to load one of these formats onto your Nook …

Lizzy

2. sarah

How funny, I was just over there with my eyes crossed trying to figure out which format to Download! Thanks for the Info! Don’t think I can wait for bn.com to have It! Very excited!

1. Lizzy Ford

Very cool! You’re welcome! :-) I hope you enjoy it! It’s different than my first two novels … not everyone is a fan of fantasy, but I wanted to try out a few different subgenres this year to see both what I end up liking to write most and also what readers enjoy the most! Let me know what you think! :-)

3. reeda

hi lizzy i love your latest two book damians oracle and damians assassin and i am excited to read dis one also………….

1. Lizzy Ford

Awesome, Reeda! I hope you like it as much as Damian’s Oracle and Damian’s Assassin!! :-) I’d be happy to hear what you think!!

4. Lin

Ok. I got the email 3 days ago but I couldn’t start it until last night. I had to make myself put it down to get some sleep. Anyway I have used every spare moment to finish reading it. Great story and I know there will be a sequel and can’t wait. I have to say, besides Harry Potter I was never really into the who fantasy novel thing. However, since reading your books I am so hooked on fantasy romance now. Can I get some suggestions while I await for the sequels to Damian’s Assassin and this one? I need something to keep me going till then. Great writing once again. Congrats.

1. Lizzy Ford

Haha! Awesome! Well, my favorite paranormal/fantasy romance author is Lynn Kurland. (Click her name to go to her site!) I love the depth of her books and how her characters seem so real and complex. She writes a lot about women in our time going back in time to meet their true loves. She has quite a few books out! In the meantime, I’ll write as fast as I can! :-) I’m anticipating releasing my next novel the last weekend in May … :-)

1. Lizzy Ford

Woohoo, thanks Andrea! And you’re welcome! I’d be happy to hear your thoughts! :-) The story line is a little bit different, but I’m experimenting with different romance subgenres this year to see what sticks. :-) If you like it, you’re welcome to join the mailing list. I send out emails whenever I release a new book. The next one will be out the last weekend of May and is a contemporary paranormal romance, similar to my first two, “Damian’s Oracle” and “Damian’s Assassin.” Enjoy!!

Lizzy :-)

5. Becca

I am a big fan of romance and fantasy! I absolutly cannot wait to get stuck into this book! I loved Damian’s Oracle, and as such, I am sure I will love this one just as much!

1. Lizzy Ford

I hope so, Becca! :-) It should read smoother than D’s Oracle, because I had it edited!! Haha! I received a lot of comments about D’s Oracle being a little rough. I’m having it revised for a re-release in December. I’d be happy to hear your thoughts on The Warlord’s Secret!

Lizzy :-)

6. priya

hey
    U r really a gud writer
    I enjoyed reading ur both the novely
    And m eagerly waiting for there sequel
    Keep writing
    Hav a gud day

1. Lizzy Ford

Thank you, Priya! Keep reading! I’m getting ready to release my fourth novel this year, though it’ll be the start of yet another new series! :-) It’ll be free, so if you’re interested, you can check back the last weekend in May! :-)

7. ty

i just finished reading the first two of the damian’s series and i must say i LOVED it! and i am not exaggerating and i have just dowloaded this new story and i hopeto enjoy it as well also i would love to read more stories from the damian’s series. thank you!

1. Lizzy Ford

Thanks, Ty! Yes, there will be two more books in the Damian’s series! The next one is due out in December, along with revised versions of the first two books, which are with my editor right now! I’m releasing the first book in another contemporary paranormal romance trilogy at the end of the month, too! I’d be happy to hear your thoughts on The Warlord’s Secret! :-)

8. Telicia

Hi I’m new here n I was wonderin if there’s a continuation to damian’s two books I really loved em I wish there would b more of d book

1. Lizzy Ford

Hello and welcome, Telicia! Yes, there will be four books total in this series. I”ll release the third (as well as polished/revised versions of Damian’s Oracle and D’s Assassin) during December. My goal is to re-release D’s Oracle the first week of Dec, then D’s Assassin the second week, and the third book in the series the third week! The fourth will have to wait until next year at some point! In the meantime, I’m about to launch another contemporary paranormal series at the end of this month, and I just released a fantasy romance entitled, “The Warlord’s Secret,” a few weeks ago. My goal is to release 12 books this year …

Take care, and thanks for reading and commenting!! :-) You’re welcome to join my mailing list, if you’d like to be notified as soon as the next book is released!

Lizzy :-)

9. Abby freesia

Hey lizzy!!:)
    I just downloaded your “The Warlord’s Secret”… Im very particular about the books i choose to read… but i kinda got impressed by your feedbacks… I love romantical fantasy… So im looking forward to reading your other books too after i finish this one…
    Hope u have a great time
    Take Care…:)

1. Lizzy Ford

Hi Abby! “The Warlord’s Secret” is my favorite of the three books I’ve released. I used to write strictly fantasy when I was younger, so I love returning to my roots in that aspect! The first two (the Damian series) are in need of some editing, so I’m having them revised for re-release in December … I’d be happy to hear what you think of “The Warlord’s Secret!” Lizzy :-)

10. zee

Read the book and loved. not to much of …. you know what but a clean and fantastic story which I read in 2 day because I couldn’t stop reading it.

1. Lizzy Ford

Hello, Zee! Thanks for your feedback! I try to keep my books clean and focused on the characters and plot! I’m glad you enjoyed it!! I’ll probably do a sequel to this one next year … not sure yet!!! Lizzy :-)

11. Pingback: Goodreads giveaway: autographed copies of “The Warlord’s Secret” | Guerrilla Wordfare

12. Trix

Hi Lizzy, its my first time to read your novel and i loved it. I read it for 4 hours coz i can’t stop. hahaha… May I know the title of your next novel that you mentioned on your comments above that’s due to be released last week of May? When will be the sequel of Warlords due? It’s wholesome and I really loved it. Hope to hear from you… love you and God bless…

1. Lizzy Ford

Hi Trix! The book I released about a week and a half ago is entitled “Katie’s Hellion.” It’s another of my contemporary paranormal romances. So far, it’s been a hit with my readers, almost eclipsing my first novel, Damian’s Oracle. Here’s the link: http://www.guerrillawordfare.com/2011/05/katies-hellion-2/ . I’m glad you liked The Warlord’s Secret. It’s my personal favorite, probably because my roots are in epic fantasy reading and writing. I’ll probably release another book in the Warlord series mid next year. While it’s my fav, most of my readers gravitate towards the contemporary paranormal romances I’ve written. Rest assured I will write another one in this series … just might take me a little while (unless I can quit my day job soon – then it’s on!) Ha! Lizzy :-)

13. Pingback: 11 Free Romance Ebooks | Ebooks on Crack

14. Pingback: Free As A Sales Tool – Interview with Indie Writer Lizzy Ford | David Gaughran

15. Pingback: 11 Free Romance Ebooks | website templates free

16. Pingback: Free Ebooks » Blog Archive » 11 Free Romance Ebooks

17. Carmella

I am more of a mystery reader but I recently read Damians Oracle and Damians Assassins. I could not put them down!!!!! I read right through both and enjoyed ever minute! You have got to continue the series because they have made a lifelong fan out of me. Just a little ruff but not enough to take away from your great writing. Please let me know when your next book is released…..P.S. Thanks for the romance!

1. Lizzy Ford

Hello, Carmella! I’m glad you enjoyed the D’s series! D’s Oracle and D’s Assassin are being edited/revised this summer to take out the rough read – I rec’d a lot of feedback from my awesome readers about that, so they’re going under the pen this summer! :-) My goal is to re-release the revised versions this fall, then release the third book, Damian’s Immortal, in December! In the meantime, I’ll be releasing a few more books. Next up is a contemporary western romance novella entitled Maddy’s Oasis. I plan on releasing it next weekend. Yay! Thanks for your comments!! Lizzy :-)

1. Lizzy Ford

Trust me – no worries about me writing! I’ve waited my whole life to tell all these stories, and darn it, I’m going to tell them all! Lizzy :-)

18. Karen M

Ok so Lizzy are so definitely my favorite author! I just read Warlords secret to buy time till your next book…wow! I absolutely loved it! So far there has not been a book of yours that I haven’t loved. I’m sure I speak for alot of people when I say you show a great amount of talent when you write! You tell a story so far out there that we know theres no way it could ever happen but it works…you hook us in and keep us reading! Gotta love it!
    Thanks again for all your hard work and dedication. I wish you lots of success and can’t wait for your next books to come out!

1. Lizzy Ford

You’re totally welcome, and thank for the happy wishes! I’m just happy my bizarro worlds are so readily received and appreciated by what I’d call Normal People. Though if you read my books, you’re probably closer to being like me than Normal People. Hahahaha! I loved Warlord’s Secret – it’s my fav so far, but it’s done poorly so far! Haha … oh, well. Lizzy :-)

1. Karen M

We are normal…..anyone else might be considered just a bit off…LOL I feel like I’m in great company if we are alike in what we like to read. Sorry this book didn’t do as well as the others. I felt it was just as good as any. Maybe the era or setting….who knows. Honestly if they don’t like it than it was their loss…there are those of us that love it. That means something… :D

19. #1 Fan

Ok, so… I have to admit I just finished reading this book. I had been putting it off because the synopsis hadn’t exactly caught my eye. With that said, I don’t regret reading at all!! :) Fantastic story line, and very believable characters. Now, while the story is amazingly entertaining, I did struggle with some parts that seemed a bit convoluded. Especially towards the end, when the pace became more agitated and stressful. Overall, I’m glad I took a chance in reading it. :) Besides, I need something to hold me over until the end of the month.. lol. How about surprising your readers with an early release?? :)

By the way, I saw the new Conan.. yum! :)~ he would make a good A’Ran, me thinks! =) I’ll send you my list once I’m done pairing up heroes and heroines. There’s just tons of possible candidates. And before you worry about me not having a life because all I do is read and wonder who makes a better Damian, let me assure you that I most certainly don’t. :) haha. My hubby, my job and my hobbies are my life. So, hurry faster and get us more reading materials!!! :)
    G.

1. Karen M

OMG Jason Momoa would be awesome…he would fit almost any of the characters in Lizzy’s books…WOW he’s gorgeous enough with his looks and body to play anything and make a heart go thumpity thumpity a few times…LOL Great suggestion!

2. Lizzy Ford

I know! He’s perfect!! At this rate, I’ll be lucky to release K’s Hope on time. Haha … My poor editor and I have been going back and forth about the beginning, because I tried something that totally didn’t work! I spent this weekend fixing it. (sigh) So, we shall see!! Warlord hasn’t been too popular, though it’s my fave! I know – I’m odd like that. Haha! Lizzy :-)

1. Karen M

You will do great dont worry! Us fans trust your writing and if you trust your editor than so will we. Still looking forward to the book regardless. Oh and i’ve got a few friends who are now hooked on your books…so when I told them about a the postings of Jason Mamoa playing a character in your books we all figured there wasn’t anything better out there to compare to so stopped at him….LOL Best thing is we now have his pic to replay in our mind when we are reading. Oh and I would so have to buy the paperback if he was on a cover…regardless of the price :D

1. Lizzy Ford

Hi Karen! That’s great that your friends are reading my books, too! If you’re interested, send me your postal addy and which book so far is your fave, and I’ll send you a paperback version. I’m trying to reward folks who spread the word with free books! LizzyFord2010@gmail.com. And yes, Jason is totally on my dream list of cover models! Someday … the funny thing is my hubby gets all the comments on my site emailed to him in his inbox because he’s my webmaster. He keeps asking me who this guy is I’m drooling over … hahahaha! Don’t think he’ll take me to see Conan now, though!!! Poor hubby. :-) Lizzy

1. Karen M

You are too sweet! Picking a favorite would be difficult…I love them all…LOL Can I get back to you on that? Tell your hubby sorry for the emails he has to go through but this guy is definitely drool worthy :D Just tell him if you can get Jason Momoa to be on a cover it would be a great marketing tool. Let me tell you with those eyes of his…oh yeah I’d buy the book without even reading what it was about. He was cute in Baywatch, Rough and scary in Stargate Atlantis but HOT in Game of Thrones…the guyliner definitely made his eyes even that much more mesmerizing not to mention that cute smile and body…WOW! Now tell me that wouldn’t work for one of your characters. I can see him as A’Ran, Simon, Ryhn or even Damian…oh the possibilities! Maybe putting your amazing books into movies with him starring…LOL As for going to see Conan, my hubby wont take me either…gee wonder why…LOL :D BTW hope your move went well. Trying to wait patiently for the release of Katies Hope. Take Care!

2. Lizzy Ford

Hi Karen! The funny thing is that my hubby was the one who wanted me to watch Game of Thrones, where I saw Jason and then ended up watching the whole series! He’s a mighty pretty man ….:-) He’d be an awesome Darian, I think … If I could find a way to get him for a cover, I would. Maybe when I make it big … the move hasn’t gone so well at all. (sigh) Might just end up sitting at Starbucks Friday night for a few hours uploading K’s Hope. My laptop is working sporadically, and we have no furniture or internet. Will have to steal hubby’s laptop when he’s back from Texas … lol Ah, well, such is life … hahaha! Lizzy :-)

20. Pingback: How to find the best keywords for your site's SEO for free | Guerrilla Wordfare

21. kristzel

hi lizzy..just wondering if there will be another book in the warlord’s secret..coz the ending kinda left me hanging..if you know what i mean.. u know..lol..

1. Lizzy Ford

HI Kristzel! I’ve had a few folks ask for another book. What I might do is have another book in that setting, like to tell Vara’s story or similar. I don’t know that I’ll do an actual sequel, though. I’m also looking at creating some novellas or short stories about popular characters in my books, like maybe mini-adventures or something, which might be easier for me to manage simply due to time! This fall I need to put together a plan for next year, so I’ll start to figure those things out a little better. What do you think? novellas, books in the same setting with different characters, mini-adventures … ? Lizzy :-)

1. kristzel

yay..dat’s wonderful..coz there are characters in your books that i really love..it might be a good idea to let the reader’s enter their world so that we could understand them better..sort of like going down memory lane..goodluck on that one lizzy..more power..and more wonderful stories..btw..wen will keira’s hope be out?.sorry if i’m becoming impatient, i just don’t think that patience is one of my virtues..lol..:)

1. Lizzy Ford

Hi Kristzel! No worries – patience isn’t one of my virtues either. I drive my hubby crazy some days asking him the same questions over and over again. Hahaha! K’s Hope will be out Friday! Yay! Lizzy :-)

1. kristzel

hahahaha..u know wat?.u truly are amazing..u really take the time to reply to the messages of your fans..u are one great author..and a friend too..tnx 4 d info..2mrow is friday..im just excited to read K’s Hope..thanks and mwahhugs to you..:)

2. Lizzy Ford

Thank you, Kristzel!! I try – readers are the foundation for any writer, and my goal is never to forget that! Yay hugs! :-)

22. Cynthia

Please write a book about Vera!! I just read The Warlord’s Secret and I need more of a conclusion with his character. He’s been through so much and not til the last chapters in this book do we get to see the complexity of his character and all he’s been through. In the novella/short story you write I hope we will also hopefully see that Sirian doesn’t cause more harm to the now peaceful lands. Thanks for writing Lizzy! I’ve read all your books and have seriously added to all my agenda’s so that I know when to await for your next novels :)

1. Lizzy Ford

Woohoo, thanks, Cynthia! I liked Vara, too, and I do think he needs his own book! You know, not many people liked the Warlord’s Secret, compared to my other books! It’s my personal favorite, though. :-/ I’ll see what I can do next year to write a book/novella for Vara! Lizzy :-)

23. Mary

I just finished the Warlord’s Secret so many Q’s left though

Will Vara find happiness? What are the other territories like? Any children in Rissa and Taran’s future?

That was my first read from you it won’t be the last :)
    Fun read thanks for writing it!

24. Sheila

I just finished the Warlord’s Secret and I really enjoyed the book. Great read! I started and finished it in the same day. That is my one complaint about your books – I read them too fast! Just fabulous work!

This book could have easily been much LARGER in scope.
    Who is Jame? What did he do to feel like he needed to be locked away in the catacombs? Why did Vera take pity on Taran? What about the other lands?

1. Lizzy Ford

Hi Sheila! :-) Hehehe … probably why I’ll make an attempt to do sequel on this one … I want to tell Vera’s story next! But, when I released this one, it didn’t go over so well, so I’m borderline on making it into a series, since folks largely didn’t respond to the first one haha! I’m glad you liked it. I’ve loved this story for awhile and was finally happy to put it on paper! Lizzy :-)

25. Ange

hey im kinda new, but i looooved all of your books so far! and i cant wait for more to come out! you are a really great writer, and i was just wondering- every where i look it says that Rhyn’s Redemption is in itunes/ibooks,amazon..etc but i cant find it anywhere, so if you could post a link id be the happiest person evr!

1. Lizzy Ford

Hi Ange! Were you able to find Rhyn’s Redemption? It hasn’t made it to iTunes/iBooks, yet, but it’s on Amazon and BN …