In the spirit of Guerrilla Wordfare and helping others venture into the epublishing world, I’ve listed a few more resources below. Most of these I’ve found on Twitter, which is another recommendation: if you don’t have a Twitter account, get one! They’re free, and it’s a free marketing tool! Ok, here’s the list. It does include fantasy genre specific info, since it’s one of my fav genres.
- Galley Cat, “The First Word in the Book Publishing Industry.” News, reviews, RSS feeds from multiple sources, resources.
- Daily writing tips. Short articles on grammar and style
- Fantasy Faction. Fantasy book reviews (includes indie books!), podcasts, newsletter, forums
- Ranting Dragon. Fantasy book reviews and news
- Publisher’s Lunch. Publishing industry insider gossip, includes forums; “Track Deals, Sales, Reviews, Agents, Editors, News”
- Publishers Weekly. Mainstream publishing industry news
Two awesome blogs with tons of free tips: